Do you think it is impossible to manage stress? Stress is common and at some stage everyone goes through it. Managing stress is not that difficult, situations will never change, it will remain the same but you can take some steps in order to control stress. No matter what the situation is you can cope with it just by learning how to manage it. We all respond differently to stress, so different people might try to manage it differently. Whenever you feel that stress in your life is going out of your control, you have to take action immediately.
Online medical consultation provides a perfect solution to your entire medical problem. You can choose the best doctors from the list of qualified doctors and also get answer to all your Queries related to medical problems.
First of all it’s necessary to identify the sources of stress, look closely at your habits and attitudes to identify what exactly is causing you stress, Some stress may be caused due to major life event such as changing job, death of some one very close or it can be every day stress such as work pressures, deadlines etc. Finding the sources would help you to manage your stress effectively.
Below are some of the ways which will help you to manage stress
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help you to deal with stress. Activities that require moving both your arms and your legs are very effective at relieving stress, so walking, dancing, Swimming; cycling would be a good choice. Always prefer an activity that you enjoy a lot as this would help you to stick with it. Any form of Physical activities can help in reducing and preventing the effects of stress, as it works on anger, frustration and tension, Exercising for 30 minutes or more can give you maximum benefits. Meditation is also a great stress buster.
- Avoid consuming caffeine, nicotine and Alcohol: Reduce or avoid consuming anything which contains caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Consuming this frequently will increase the level of stress. Instead of this you can prefer fruit juices, herbal teas, water etc. to keep yourself hydrated.
- Get a good sleep: A good sleep can bring you out of stress, Relax and give time to your brain to calm down. A lack of sleep is one of the main causes of stress. Try to take a warm bath or listen to a soothing song which would help you forget about the things that you worry and to have a good sleep.
- Social Engagement: Interacting socially helps to reduce stress, staying alone and isolated can make you feel more stressful, sharing your problems with your close friends will always help you to deal with stress as this might make you feel that there is someone to support you. It can release hormones that reduce stress even though you are unable to get rid of the situation.
- Learn to say “NO”: Some people take more responsibilities than they can manage which can lead to stress, Do the things that are more important and learn to say No to unimportant or additional requests, which will help you to reduce the level of stress and to improve self confidence. Always try to know your limits and stick to them, Avoid taking more than what you can handle whether it’s your personal or professional life.
- Avoid those people who stress you out: If someone is consistently causing stress in your life, avoid spending much time with them, don’t let them take charge of your life, If the situation is out of control then don’t hesitate to end the relationship.
- Manage your time properly: Poor management of time can cause a lot of stress. Many a times we get overburdened with multiple tasks and this is a common cause of stress. Prepare a list of tasks and complete it one by one, accept that you cannot do everything at once. Don’t forget to include some free time which you can use to relax yourself. Always find some time for fun and relaxation.
- Change the way you think: Some Stressful events in your life can make you react negatively to each and every situation. You might start focusing on all the bad things in your life and start avoid the good ones this can further make you feel insecure, depressed, afraid or anxious. You might also feel a lack of control or self worth. These negative thoughts can trigger stress just as the real threat does. So it’s very important to way you think to deal with these negative thoughts.
- Always try to accept the things that you can’t change: It is important to know that we cannot control each and every thing something’s are uncontrollable so instead of trying to control that situation or person , try to control the way that you choose to react to that situation. Sometimes you might have to compromise and there is nothing wrong in compromising if the situation demands for it. Also learn to forgive, no one is perfect and any one can do mistakes. Forgiving and moving on will make you free from negative energies.
- Don’t bottle up Emotions: Learn to express your feelings; simply bottling it up doesn’t make any sense. If someone or something is bothering you just communicate it in a respectful way, holding on to such feelings will only contribute to stress.